Grown at 1100’ elevation in Bonny Doon on a wide sandstone bench, this vintage clearly showcases this vineyard’s totally unique sandstone terroir and bristling acidity. Lean and aromatic bordering on Chablisian, with a bright acid backbone supporting a lightly-toasted core of creme brûlée, macadamia nut and green apple. The signature sandy minerality of this one-of-a-kind vineyard is at the forefront of both the aromatics and the flavor profile, presenting as a distinctive saline edge, like standing at the edge of a fog bank on a sunny day.
The vineyard lies in a tiny sub-appellation of the Santa Cruz Mountains AVA, known as Ben Lomond Mountain.
- Hand harvested September 12th, 2013 at 22.5 brix.
- 100% native fermentations.
- Aged 9 months on the lees.
- Cooper: Odysé CT210 & Ambrosia Complex French oak, 40% new, 40% 1-year and 20% neutral.
- 119 cases produced.
- pH 3.28, Alcohol 13.5%.
- Suggested Retail Price: $32.